Stephanie Kowalak received her Kitchen and Bath Certificate at Daytona State College. Stephanie is our Architecture Manager.
Stephanie has always been interested in sustainability and how things are put together. Even in school, she took courses that went through the process of building a house via a scaled model. Now, she will be able to actually partake in the process of building a home. The project will also help her to achieve of her goal of being LEED certified.
Let’s learn more about Stephanie:
- We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do? Hold onto it for a little bit, to see if anyone claims they lost their ticket. If the winner doesn’t present themselves, I would pay off my school loans and donate the rest to well-deserved charities.
- What do you think about when you’re alone in your car? Why are these people driving so slow… hmm what is on the radio… *turns the station 30 times and eventually turns it off or belts out a classic 90’s song (including some car dancing) * I really wish I could be in the Harry Potter World, because I would have been there by now.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I will probably never fully grow up, I am young at heart. What I want to do in the future is design sustainable textiles inspired from nature and readily renewable resources.
- What inspires you? As a designer, I find myself planted in front of a computer screen for long hours at a time. While it’s easy to say that I find loads of inspiration through visual blogs and social media websites like Pinterest, the truth is that I’m most inspired by stepping away from the screen. Travelling and just walking around nature is always truly inspiring to me… it is everywhere, people just need to open their eyes to see what’s around them.
- What are you known for? Being a goofball. I love to laugh and tend to make sarcastic jokes along the way. That and Jersey-isms.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone? I am an Amateur Adventurer, Patronus Castor (Harry Potter Fan), Elephant Lover, Prehistoric Stone Time Traveler (Outlander Fan), and an Interior Designer with a Passion. I am an eccentric Jersey girl, spreading my love of pork roll, egg and cheese. I often fall randomly, and most of the time there isn’t anything in front of me. I love the structure and logic of design; taking comfort in solving complex problems and finding alternative views in every space and in life. When I am not sketching or drafting at work, you can see me working on my skills to become the quickest burrito creator ever.
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant? Elephants are my favorite animal, and I am someone who donates to support their protection. I would keep the elephant, and bring it to a sanctuary, and of course name her/him. Selling it could give too many possibilities of an owner who would fail to take care of it properly.
- Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? Harry Potter! Oh Wait, wrong answer… Who?
- If you were on an island and could only bring three things, what would you bring? Unless I could bring people, I would bring my Kindle with solar charger, Water Purifier, and a knife.
- If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children? Ehhh, do what you want, I probably did it already and I am alive and kicking. BUT make sure you bring Grandma along.