Miranda Payne is a recent graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where she studied Mechanical Engineering. Miranda was on the BIPV/T-PCM team for Team Daytona Beach. She chose her major at Embry-Riddle because it allowed her to pursue her passion for promoting clean and sustainable energy solutions, also her reason for joining Team Daytona Beach!
We wanted to get to know Miranda better, so we had her answer some questions:
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why? A domestic house cat, so I could be worshiped like a goddess.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? An engineer.
- What inspires you? Grumpy Cat
- Teach me something I don’t know in the next five minutes. Microbial fuel cell are a completely renewable source of energy, that employs bacteria in the soil that turn excess sugars from plants into useable energy that we could use to power our electronics. If employed in a water waste management site, it could theoretically power the entire facility from the water its already being provided with, however, modern science has not allowed for these cells to be quite that efficient yet.
- What are you known for? Being productive, and punctual.
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant? Open a carnival and allow kids to ride it for a charge.
- Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? Batman
Miranda, thank you for all that you have brought to Team Daytona Beach, and your contributions to The BEACH House!