Luke De Caires is a Senior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University studying Mechanical Engineering. Luke is on the Fire Suppression/Plumbing/Systems team for Team Daytona Beach. He chose his major at Embry-Riddle because of his interest in both Math and Physics. He decided to join Team Daytona Beach because it’s “what he’s interested in.”
We wanted to get to know Luke better, so we had him answer some questions:
- We finish an interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million, what would you do? Continue to get my degree, but now I wouldn’t care about getting D’s.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why? I would be a honey badger… No one messes with a honey badger.
- You’ve been given an elephant. You cannot give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant? I would let it run wild in Embry-Riddle’s campus!
- Who would win a fight between Spiderman and Batman? If Batman has no prep time, then Spiderman.
- If you could throw a parade of any caliber through your school, what type of parade would it be? A “Finals are done” parade.
- How does the internet work? It’s like the lift factor on airplanes, it’s Magic!
- Pepsi or Coke? Coke.
- How would people communicate in a perfect world? With their minds.
- How old were you when you realized that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny probably never actually knew each other in real life? Wait! What? They don’t actually know each other? 23 years old.
Thanks for your knowledge and contributions to the team, Luke! We are lucky to have you!