Elizabeth Worsham is a recent graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where she studied Mechanical Engineering. Elizabeth was on the Hydroponics team for Team Daytona Beach. She chose her major at Embry-Riddle because she wanted an engineering degree that would give her a wide variety of applications. Elizabeth chose to join Team Daytona Beach because it allowed her to do be involved in a project with the Department of Energy!
We wanted to get to know Elizabeth better, so we had her answer some questions:
- We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do? Invest some, repay my parents for the money they spent raising me, set up a scholarship fund to give full tuition to students, then travel the world.
- What do you think about when you’re alone in your car? I just sing to myself.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why? A house cat. I wouldn’t have any responsibilities.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A Disney princess, but I’ll settle for the voice of a Disney princess.
- What inspires you? The opportunity to leave the world better than I found it.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone? When I was younger I wanted to be an animator for Pixar and a voice actor. Maybe someday I’ll still get to do it.
- If you could throw a parade of any caliber through your school, what type of parade would it be? People would parade through campus handing out free food every day at every meal time.
- If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be? Gravity by Sarah Bareilles.
- What’s your favorite quote? “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…” – John F. Kennedy
Elizabeth, we want to thank you for being a part of such an integral part of our project. We all appreciate your time commitment and contributions!